❴Cosplay prop❵ the making of 赵小烦

Morning/Good Afternoon/Evening to everyone! Today, I present to you this precious boy. So I have no idea why I am cosplaying this boyboy. ;p All I know is that I do find some of the professionals in this game rather cute. They have their own personality and their backstories. While I do cosplay minor or NPC characters that aren’t a part of the game/story, I honestly think that my fangirling will be limited to wearing his cap (as with me fangirling the other character, biker girl Tuo Tu, by dressing up like her).

-before I start this, let me just say that this is a picture intensive blog. I try not to go overboard with the photos in order to better the reading experience, but the loading will be slow. Excessive spaces in between paragraphs should be photos working hard to be loaded. Let’s support the servers silently-

But alas, fate brought me here and I surrender myself wholesomely… and with loads of curses as I worked on the outfit. Let me explain my issues with the below pictures.

 

As the above pic illustrates, I have bought the wrong material to work with. Carelessness is one of my faults, but well, the deed is done so I thought I will grit my teeth through it and see how it goes. The process to finish the two long vertical stripes took a long time and I was dying from the time it took. I had to undo the original stripes, re-attach it to the correct position, and then cover it with the satin stripe…. which is not nearly thick enough for me to hem, so I ended up with fraying ends.

A close-up for easy reference. The satin stripe took me nearly 3x my normal speed as I wanted it to look machine-done. The thing about amending clothes is, you have to work with what was already sewn on, and some angles were really impossible to work on the machine… so I had to redo-undo a few times until I got so tired of it and gave up, reverting to hand-sewing. Still, I tried to mimic the machine but it still look horrible.

So I started checking other options. The rightmost is the original product. Then, I tried sewing two pieces of the satin together but I can’t convince myself to accept the line in between. So I thought, why not shift the line to the edges?, and I ended up with the leftmost stripe, where I decided to use. This means, I have to undo ALL my previous work, and REDO the stripes and attach them ALL OVER AGAIN. PAIN. Aren’t we used to it already.

The shorter stripes are OK, but I realised that I am starting to have issues with the longer stripes, as they can’t be laid down properly. I realised that I tried too hard and hemming while sewing them together caused these issues. I was sewing/hemming right at the edges and it doesn’t seem to have much to hold securely. I switched to normal stitches and we are good again.

So this is the final product. I undid some of the portions of the stripe at the top (vertical in this image but horizontal in the other images… sorry I forgot to rotate the picture) as it wasn’t well aligned initially. And I finally finished the jacket.

Next part of the job is to trim Repunzel. I have had the cap done rather quickly previously, so I took it out again and used it as my gauge for the wig to be trimmed.

//updated with trim photos//


This is the look at the end.


So sorry I thought Anna was the easiest cosplay I have to wear. This beat Anna. Though to be honest, I thought the smith was easier before I did Anna.

恋语 VX~

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s